We at Shaftesbury primary school are committed to meeting the special educational needs of pupils and ensuring these pupils make rapid and sustained progress, to learn exceptionally well due to targeted and specialist support.
The school adopts the following fundamental principles, regarding successful inclusive education, taken from the SEND Code of Practice and other school policies;
- All teachers are teachers of children with special educational needs. Teaching such children is therefore a whole school responsibility.
- A child with SEND will have their needs met
- The views of the child should be sought and taken into account.
- Parents have a vital role to play in supporting their child’s education and their views must be taken into account.
- Children with SEND will have access to a broad, balanced and relevant education including the foundation stage curriculum and the National curriculum.
- Children with SEND will be supported and empowered to reach their own potential.
- Shaftesbury Primary school will support children with SEND, enabling them to achieve independence.
- Children with English as an additional language will have their needs met to enable them to reach their potential.
The Inclusion Team consists of:
|Family Support worker||Ms R Patel|
|Learning Mentor||Ms N Patel|
You can contact Ms Foster by calling the school on 0208 472 0761.
You can also speak to any of the Inclusion Team in relation to any concerns you have with your child’s learning.
Click on the links below to read our SEND Report and our Local Offer: